Prospective OMSA Members:
Thank you for your interest in the largest association of household goods movers in Oregon. This page provides basic information about authority, rates, and joining OMSA. The first thing we ask you to do is to download, print, and complete New Membership Packet. They contain primary information about our tariff.
Steps to Joining OMSA
1. Complete and sign the Membership Application, Power of Attorney, and Code of Ethics forms, and email both to [email protected], fax to 503.513.0008, or mail to OMSA: 4005 SE Naef Road, Portland, OR 97267. Please send a check for $75.00 (POA processing fee) made out to OMSA and sent to the OMSA address or call 503.513.0005 to make a payment over the phone.
2. The contents of the New Member Information Packet should be reviewed in preparation for an Orientation meeting at the OMSA office. Call the office to schedule a meeting. Plan for at least one hour to discuss tariff, operational and membership issues. Plan to bring a check for your first quarter membership dues.
3. During this process, when ODOT is prepared to issue the new carrier authority, they will contact OMSA. At that point, OMSA will submit a Motor Rates Petition to add the mover to our tariff. Once ODOT issues carrier’s authority, OMSA will publish the carrier’s participation in OMSA Tariff 200. We hold member meetings to discuss issues which affect the household goods industry.
NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PACKET
NEW CARRIER AUTHORITY
Oregon Department of Transportation
Commerce & Compliance Division
3930 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE
Salem, OR 97302-1166
Complaint Resolution & Economic Regulation Unit Manager
Motor Carrier Audit & Compliance
You will need the following two forms to conduct business in Oregon as a household mover:
1. Oregon HHG Bill of Lading
2. General Information Bulletin for Moving Household Goods in Oregon
Contact Willamette Traffic Bureau to purchase both the forms (Form 50 and 37H) or to request a custom Bill of Lading quote at 503.236.1183, www.wtbtraffic.com